pay : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something that remunerates
he wasted his pay on drink
- v give money, usually in exchange for goods or services
- v convey, as of a compliment, regards, attention, etc.; bestow
Don't pay him any mind
- v cancel or discharge a debt
pay up, please!
- v bring in
How much does this savings certificate pay annually?
- v do or give something to somebody in return
Does she pay you for the work you are doing?
- v dedicate
pay attention to
- v be worth it
It pays to go through the trouble
- v render
pay a visit
pay a call
- v bear (a cost or penalty), in recompense for some action
You'll pay for this!
She had to pay the penalty for speaking out rashly
You'll pay for this opinion later
- v make a compensation for
- v discharge or settle
pay a debt
pay an obligation
- Eliminating your paper trail by banking and paying bills online does more than save trees.
- A college degree can't stop the gender pay gap.
- Wall Street's fat paychecks may once have made economic sense.
News & Articles
- Pay purse-snatcher cousin a visit
Pay purse-snatcher cousin a visit Recently, my cousin-in-law, "Carrie," attended a family party. Carrie has been going through a difficult time because of her mother's death two years ago and her father's remarriage plans. Carrie was with me, and mentioned she loved my purse and then announced she was "stealing it." While I was always excited to see Carrie before, I am now leery of seeing her ...
June 14, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Pay raise for Florence teachers
Teachers will soon start seeing more money in their pay checks. The Florence City School Board passed a two-percent pay increase that lawmakers passed in the recent legislative session.
June 13, 2013 - WAFF 48 News Huntsville
- Pay It Back: County Calls Free Time Off in DA's Office "Secret Action"
Santa Clara County demands attorneys receiving extra time off pay it back. It comes after NBC Bay Area exposed altered time sheets in April.
June 13, 2013 - NBC Bay Area
- Barack Obama in Financial Times
We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused,Mr Obama said. "And we will do whatever's necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people recover from this tragedy."
- Gordon Brown in AFP
British prime minister Brown said: "This tragedy reinforces our commitment to confront terrorism. It strengthens our determination never to concede to the demands of terrorists, nor to pay ransoms."