- n something that remunerates
wages were paid by check
- v carry on (wars, battles, or campaigns)
Napoleon and Hitler waged war against all of Europe
- Widely quoted as a bearish argument have been recent wagecuts by such large companies as Chrysler Corp.
- On July 24, the minimum wage will increase from $6.
- Initiative: Minimum Wage Number of States Voting: 6 Where: Arizona, Colorado, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Ohio.
News & Articles
- Wage theft prevalent among undocumented immigrants
Fuerza del Valle Workers' Center is raising awareness about wage theft among undocumented immigrants.
June 13, 2013 - KGBT 4 Rio Grande Valley
- South Africa union declares wage dispute with De Beers, strike may follow
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa's National Union of Mineworkers said on Wednesday it had declared a wage dispute with diamond producer De Beers, a unit of Anglo American, paving the way for possible strike action if mediation fails. Peter Bailey, NUM's negotiator with De Beers, told Reuters the union had dropped its wage hike demand to 13 percent from 17 percent but the company had offered ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Average wage in Washington cracks $50k for the first time - Wed, 12 Jun 2013 PST
Private sector job growth and a recovering economy pushed Washington’s average wage in 2012 to $51,595. That’s the first time Washington’s average wage — for jobs covered by unemployment insurance — surpassed $50,000, the Employment Security Department said Wednesday.
June 12, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Barack Obama in CEP News
The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works - whether it helps families find jobs at a decent wage, care they can afford, a retirement that is dignified,Obama said. "Where the...
- Yu Hai in The Associated Press
The conflicts are challenging the current set-up of low-wage, low-tech manufacturing, and may catalyze the transformation of China's industrial sector,said Yu Hai, a sociology professor at Shanghai's Fudan University.
- Danny Jordaan in postzambia.com
A furious local organising committee CEO Danny Jordaan said: "This is an employer-employee wage dispute. Although we have respect for workers' rights, we find it unacceptable for them to disrupt match-day proceedings and will not hesitate to take...