- n a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about
the heading seemed to have little to do with the text
- n the direction or path along which something moves or along which it lies
- n a horizontal (or nearly horizontal) passageway in a mine
- v to go or travel towards
where is she heading
- v be in charge of
Who is heading this project?
- v travel in front of; go in advance of others
- v be the first or leading member of (a group) and excel
- v direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- v take its rise
- v be in the front of or on top of
- v form a head or come or grow to a head
- v remove the head of
- The bill goes back to both chambers for a final procedural vote on Wednesday before heading to Governor Deval Patrick, who has said he would sign it.
- It does lose a few points by burying gas stations under the heading "Transport," since gas stations are so crucial to the wandering driver they should have their own heading.
- Obama strategist Gibbs on MSNBC: Obama is heading to Ole Miss regardless.
News & Articles
- Anti-fracking groups heading to Albany for rally
Opponents of the natural gas drilling method known as fracking are heading to Albany for a rally outside the state Capitol.
June 17, 2013 - The Observer-Dispatch
- 2014 Conference USA Tournament Heading to El Paso
2014 Conference USA Tournament Heading to El Paso
June 17, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- TIME POLL: Americans Believe Country Heading In Wrong Direction
A majority of Americans believe the country is heading in the wrong direction, according to a new TIME poll, with President Barack Obama’s approval and disapproval ratings essentially tied. Fifty-eight percent of those surveyed said the United States is on the wrong track, with only 33 percent saying it is heading in the right direction. Obama’s approval rating stands at 48 percent—a statistical ...
June 16, 2013 - Swampland
- Barack Obama in The Guardian
Speaking at Andrews airforce base near Washington, President Barack Obama said the US was "heading in the right direction" with a sixth straight month of private-sector job creation, although he conceded: "We're not headed there fast enough...
- Tim Finchem in SportingNews.com
It smacks of tabloid journalism,Finchem said in a statement. "It was a naked attempt to inflame and keep alive an incident that was heading to an appropriate conclusion."
- Bill Clinton in TIME
We will ensure that the voices of everyone who participated in this historic process are respected and our party is fully unified heading into the November election,Clinton wrote. "While no decisions have been made yet, I will make sure...