headline : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the heading or caption of a newspaper article
- v publicize widely or highly, as if with a headline
- v provide (a newspaper page or a story) with a headline
- In the bustling seventh-floor newsroom of the New York Daily News, a shirt-sleeved copyreader, pale-faced under the fluorescent lights, strove for a headline that would tell a .
News & Articles
- May headline inflation eases to 4.70 percent
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The headline inflation slowed for a fourth straight month in May to 4.7 percent from a year earlier, but a slump in the rupee is likely to prevent the RBI from lowering policy rates ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Farrell, Lester headline charity events
Staff reports Here's information on two charity events: Red Sox manager John Farrell, Notre Dame football coach Brian Kelly, Connecticut Sun coach Anne Donovan, and Boston College football coach Steve Addazio headline a panel discussion at Fenway Park on...
June 13, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Emma Watson to Headline Fantasy Adaptation Queen of the Tearling
Emma Watson is preparing to board a new fantasy franchise and she's re-teaming with Harry Potter producer David Heyman to do it. Variety reports that Watson will headline Queen of the Tearling , a feature film version of the first book in Erika Johansen's upcoming novel trilogy.
June 13, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Barack Obama in ABC News (blog)
There will be no simple moment of surrender to mark the journey's end - no armistice or banner headline,Obama told the over 20,000 in attendance. "Though we have had more success in eliminating al Qaeda leaders in recent months than in...
- Tony Stewart in SI.com
I think you can't just limit to those two teams,Stewart said. "But like I said, if it helps us make a better headline for tomorrow, yeah, it's going to be the battle of a lifetime."
- Antonin Scalia in Chicago Tribune
Justice Antonin Scalia, dissenting in the recent case involving ex-city of Chicago official Robert Sorich, said the honest-services law "invites abuse by headline-grabbing prosecutors in pursuit of local officials, state legislators and corporate...