headpiece : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the band that is the part of a bridle that fits around a horse's head
- n a protective helmet for the head
- Its name derives from its mummy shape and the beatific woman's face depicted on its headpiece.
- In 1990, for instance, a sponge used in the headpiece of Florida's electric chair wore out.
- With her pupil-less eyes, brass breastplate and art-deco winged headpiece, Promethea looks like a combination of Wonder Woman and a 1930s Chrysler hood ornament.
- Ricky Gervais in National Post
I was shocked to learn that it takes the entire hide of one bear to make a single headpiece,Gervais writes, on PETA letterhead, to British prime minister Gordon Brown using sufficient emotional but ultimately meaningless boilerplate to make...
- Wentworth Miller in WFAA
I'm lucky I'm not on Star Trek wearing a freakin' headpiece or something,Mr. Miller says. "That'd be a lot worse."
- Fann Wong in Channel News Asia
We wanted a Bohemian look and an Indian look so we decided on a headpiece...... You will see the connection when you see my gown on the wedding day,said Wong, who has been very secretive about her two evening gowns.