- n the act of turning your head left and right to signify denial or disbelief or bemusement
- Back at Prairie Lodge last week, under the peaks of Baldy and Old Scab, Douglas and his bride appeared blissfully unconcerned by the headshaking on the Potomac.
- But by last week the "somethings" had petered out into a trail of rueful headshaking and self-conscious laughter.
- When first broached, the idea of a secular Jewish school caused headshaking among Jewry's three basic factions.
News & Articles
- Richard Roeper: It’s down to three for top Oscar
The quirks of the Oscar way always leave us with some headshaking realities. To wit: “Jackass: Bad Grandpa” has more nominations (one, for Best Makeup and Hair) than “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” which features multiple Oscar-winning actors. And: Jonah Hill, whose movie career basically kicked off around 2007, now has more acting nominations (two, for “Moneyball” and now “The Wolf of Wall Street ...
Feb. 12, 2014 - Chicago Sun-Times