headstone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the central building block at the top of an arch or vault
- n a stone that is used to mark a grave
- From the lake's edge you can see an urn but not a headstone or a grave site.
- Instead of a headstone at Arlington, he has his name etched in a rock at Blackwater's corporate campus in North Carolina.
- She was a cop too, and he solemnly leaves a doughnut on her headstone as a tribute to a police legend now on her final, eternal stakeout.
News & Articles
- Military widow shocked to find stranger’s name on husband’s headstone
A military widow who wanted a visit to her husband’s grave to be “unforgettable” found it memorable, but for the wrong reason: Another woman’s name was written on her husband’s headstone. Edna Fielden was heartbroken to discover the mistake on a visit last weekend with her grandchildren to the gravesite of the grandfather they never [...]
June 20, 2013 - The Lookout via Yahoo! News
- Mystery woman listed on veteran’s headstone
Engraver makes mistake on woman's husband's headstone. (Source: KUSA/CNN) DENVER (KUSA/CNN) - A military widow wants to know why another woman's name is engraved on her husband's headstone.
June 20, 2013 - KFVE Honolulu
- Engraver etches typo in Ed Koch's headstone
Engraver etches typo in Ed Koch's headstone The engraver, Tommy Flynn, of Flynn Funeral and Cremation Memorial Services, says it was "an inadvertent error" and that he feels "terrible." Koch was buried in Trinity Church cemetery in Washington Heights after dying of congestive heart failure in February at 88.
June 18, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- President Bush in USA Today
Each man or woman buried here is more than a headstone and a serial number,Bush said before thousands of locals and about 100 aging Dutch and American WWII veterans.
- Michael Bloomberg in International Herald Tribune
Bloomberg, who declined to be interviewed for this article, told The New York Times just before the first anniversary of the attack: "I think the Jews do it right. They have a headstone unveiling a year after the funeral, and that's sort of the time...
- Emerson Hart in Dickson Herald
I was able to musically put a headstone on my father's death,Hart says.