- n an indication of potential opportunity
- n castrated bull
- v direct the course; determine the direction of travelling
- v direct (oneself) somewhere
- v be a guiding or motivating force or drive
The teacher steered the gifted students towards the more challenging courses
- One exasperating day back in 1903, so the story goes, an Oklahoma cowpoke named Bill Pickett was having an infernally tough time persuading an ornery steer to head into a corral .
- We are not trained to steer large, hurtling hulks of steel and gasoline while manipulating small computers.
- Sky Scout will steer you to her.
News & Articles
- CNFR: Rookies set the standard in steer wrestling
Colton Mooney and Corey Rogers are both competing at the College National Finals Rodeo for the first time. And both cowboys find themselves at the top of the average leader board in steer wrestling after Tuesday’s second go-round.
June 12, 2013 - Casper Star-Tribune
- World’s top steer ropers headed to Pawhuska
PAWHUSKA — Dozens of the best steer ropers in the world will compete for honors this weekend in a pair of prestigious Osage County events held in honor of area roping legends. The 60th annual Ben Johnson Memorial Steer Roping is part of the annual convention of the Osage County Cattlemen’s Association. It will begin at 3 p.m. Saturday at the Osage County Fairground’s Arena on the south side of ...
June 11, 2013 - Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise
- Wildsteer shot in Charlevoix County, body not yet found
EAST JORDAN -- An aggressive steer that had been running loose west of East Jordan for the past three weeks was shot twice a week ago Tuesday.
June 10, 2013 - Charlevoix Courier
- Osama bin Laden in Al-Ahram Weekly
As soon as the warmongering owners of the major corporations realise that you have lost confidence in your democratic system and have begun to look for an alternative, and this alternative is Islam, [they will] steer you away from Islam,Bin...
- George Washington in Consortium News
Washington said: "It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world."
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Make no mistake: This is the greatest economic challenge of our times,Obama said. "And while the road ahead will be long, and the work will be hard, I know that we can steer ourselves out of this crisis because here in America we always...