- n an indirect suggestion
- n a slight indication
- n a slight but appreciable amount
- n a just detectable amount
- n an indication of potential opportunity
- v drop a hint; intimate by a hint
- Is there a hint at Obamas veep pick in the convention line up? This morning convention co-chair Kathleen Sebelius outlined to reporters on a conference call the themes of each .
- One hint: Dont bet on Michael Clayton.
- The only hint of a potential cause of the trouble came at 6:33 p.
News & Articles
- L.A. stadium for soccer, not football, is a wise goal: Opinion
The hint that momentum for a new stadium in downtown Los Angeles has swung from football to soccer will disappoint sports fans who yearn for the NFL's return, but it should hearten people who want the city and its businesses to invest wisely.
June 18, 2013 - Los Angeles Daily News
- Obama Hints Fed Chairman May Be Leaving
President Obama has made the clearest hint yet that Ben Bernanke's time as chairman of the Federal Reserve may soon be up. In an interview that aired on PBS, Obama told Charlie Rose: "Ben Bernanke's a little bit like Bob Mueller, the head of the FBI, where he's already stayed a lot longer than he wanted or he was supposed to."
June 18, 2013 - NPR
- Herbs recipes: Lemon Thyme Spice Cake; Vinaigrette
This tender cake combines a pleasant hint of thyme with the spices; the addition of nuts gives the cake more depth of flavor, but they are optional. The frosting is soft rather than buttercream consistency. You can leave the cake in the pan to cool and spread the frosting over the top, or carefully turn the cake out of the pan onto a platter when it cools, then frost it. Culinary herbalist and ...
June 18, 2013 - The State
- Oliver Bierhoff in Times of India
There is no dissent whatsoever, not even a hint of conflict,he told a news conference at the team's hotel.
- Jim Risch in Guardian Unlimited
I have not been promised the job of US senator, nor has there even been a hint that the governor would appoint me to that position,Risch told the AP. "At this point in time, that discussion is very premature."
- Sarah Palin in Washington Post
In a Saturday conference call with Alaska journalists, Palin said she was "pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing ...... any hint of any kind of unethical activity there."