- n a very small spot
the plane was just a speck in the sky
- n (nontechnical usage) a tiny piece of anything
- n a slight but appreciable amount
- v produce specks in or on
speck the cloth
- Some seven hundred miles off the New England coast a dozen passengers on the Black Diamond freighter Black Gull last week gathered at the rail to examine a speck on the horizon.
- An almost invisible speck of radioactive carbona millicurie became the first byproduct of atom-bomb-making to be released for medical research.
- Actually, the Who-ville speck would be quite safe in that field (which might be home to three billion tiny worlds).
News & Articles
- Bruce Speck to receive equivalent of year’s salary under settlement in MSSU departure
The departing president of Missouri Southern State University, Bruce Speck, will receive the equivalent of a year’s salary as well as housing and health care benefits through the end of the year.
June 19, 2013 - The Joplin Globe
- Speck Out as MSSU President
JOPLIN, Mo. -- Missouri Southern State University Board of Governors announce Doctor Bruce Speck will no longer be president of the university.
June 18, 2013 - KOLR - KSFX Ozarks
- Board chairwoman: Bruce Speck out as MSSU president
Bruce Speck is “no longer president” of Missouri Southern State University, the Board of Governors disclosed Monday. The announcement was made late Monday afternoon following a unanimous vote taken during a closed board meeting Friday.
June 18, 2013 - The Joplin Globe
- Ichiro Suzuki in Seattle Post Intelligencer
I don't feel a speck of that losing mentality,Ichiro said. "Things are completely different now. The mental state is different and how everyone is taking it is totally different than last year. There have been seasons in the past where the...
- M Karunanidhi in Times of India
Asked to comment on the attack on his daughter Selvi's house in Bangalore on Tuesday evening, Karunanidhi said: "They have shown the culture of Ram Bhaktas (worshippers). I treat these things like a speck of dust. I welcome such opposition."
- Jim Carrey in eFluxMedia
Asked about a time in his life when he felt like a speck, Jim Carey told MovieWeb: "I know I'm a speck. Absolutely. There's no question about it. That's how I feel. Honestly. I'm an interesting speck. That's how I've always thought about it, in...