- n the process of taking in and expelling air during breathing
he took a deep breath and dived into the pool
he was fighting to his last breath
- n the air that is inhaled and exhaled in respiration
his sour breath offended her
- n a short respite
- n an indirect suggestion
not a breath of scandal ever touched her
- n a slight movement of the air
there wasn't a breath of air in the room
- He went a record-breaking 17 minutes without breathing, thanks to intensive training, stamina and some lucky human evolution.
- Last year Physiologist Howard Wilcox Haggard of Yale announced that onion or garlic breath "arises solely from particles retained in the structures of the mouth," could be cured.
- PRODUCTS Hip breath fresheners and dental supplies HOW THEY STARTED Spicy-food eaters looking for relief JUDGMENT Is anyone really against fresh.
News & Articles
- Study shows how marine mammals hold their breath
KRISTEN BUTLER, UPI.com How do whales hold their breath for an hour? New research explains how marine mammals store oxygen.
June 14, 2013 - UPI
- Swimmers honor Coach Mike
Caden Carver takes a breath during the annual lake swim Wednesday morning. Carver placed first with a time of 1 hour and 12 minutes. The event has been renamed Coach Mike Memorial Lake Swim in honor of the late Mike Taylor, former coach for the Havasu Stingrays.
June 13, 2013 - Today's News-Herald
- Fans and players catch breath after Game One thriller
(Reuters) - Hockey fans were still catching their breath on Thursday after the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Boston Bruins in a Game One triple-overtime Stanley Cup thriller that has already been labeled a classic. Chicago's 4-3 comeback win will long be remembered by anyone who witnessed the pulsating four-hour drama unfold on television or inside a packed United Center. But the Bruins will be ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Rod Blagojevich in NPR
I'm here to tell you right off the bat that I am not guilty of any criminal wrongdoing,Blagojevich said. "I will fight until I take my last breath."
- Barack Obama in Montgomery County Courier
I'll remember him as he was when I came to know him,Obama said, "his white hair flowing like a mane, his gait steady with a cane, determined to make the most of every last breath. The distinguished gentleman from West Virginia could be...
- Fidel Castro in 940 News
My wishes have always been to discharge my duties to my last breath. That's all I can offer,Castro wrote.