- n an urban youth culture associated with rap music and the fashions of African-American residents of the inner city
- n genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged
- Young Arabs are turning to hip-hop to express their feelings about conflicts in the Middle East.
- Is this the future of Israeli hip-hop? If so, we're in trouble.
- Like hip-hop, kwaito has become a cultural movement that incorporates lifestyle and fashion.
News & Articles
- Ed Sheeran Says New Album Will Have More Hip-Hop Influence
Ed Sheeran doesn’t look much like a hip-hop artist with his wild red hair or tattoo sleeves, but the British singer said his upcoming studio effort will sound a lot more like some classic 1990s rap albums. After establishing himself as a modern artist in the folk/hip-hop vein, Sheeran said he looked to some of... Read more » Ed Sheeran Says New Album Will Have More Hip-Hop Influence is a post ...
June 16, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Hip-hop, poetry, singers, classical music to star in Muslim event
Muslim hip-hop artists, poets, singers and classical musicians will perform today at the Crest Theatre in "An Islamic Expression of Traditional & Contemporary Art."
June 15, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Junior Hip-Hop Dance Camp
Get ready to rock the dance floor! Campers will learn new and exciting dance moves featuring all the latest choreography. Basic hip-hop moves will be taught each day and broken down step by step to music, followed by a creative craft. Final day of camp students will put on a performance for family and friends. A $30 material fee is payable to instructor. Bring a snack/lunch and water. Camp fee ...
June 15, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Al Sharpton in FOXNews
He made soul music a world music,Sharpton said. "What James Brown was to music in terms of soul and hip-hop, rap, all of that, is what Bach was to classical music. This is a guy who literally changed the music industry. He put everybody on...
- David Banner in Ninemsn
If by some stroke of the pen hip-hop was silenced, the issues would still be present in our communities,rapper and record producer David Banner, whose real name is Levell Crump, said in a prepared statements to a House Energy and Commerce...
- Dan Aykroyd in Washington Post
In a statement released Tuesday by his publicist, Aykroyd said, "No one has ever integrated music, musicianship, dance and showmanship so effectively as did JB Every rap, hip-hop, house, soul, R&B, rock and pop artist practicing today has been...