- n a reproach for some lapse or misdeed
it was a bum rap
- n a gentle blow
- n the sound made by a gentle blow
- n voluble conversation
- n genre of African-American music of the 1980s and 1990s in which rhyming lyrics are chanted to a musical accompaniment; several forms of rap have emerged
- n the act of hitting vigorously
- v strike sharply
rap him on the knuckles
- v make light, repeated taps on a surface
- v perform rap music
- v talk volubly
- The group doesn't do the formula, commercialized rap music that gets a lot of radio play; instead DAM is a vanguard for a politically charged subgenre of rap that focuses on the .
- There's more to rap than just rhythms and rhymes.
- When the political activist Al Sharpton pivoted from his war against bigmouth radio man Don Imus to a war on bad-mouth gangsta rap, the instinct among older music fans was to roll .
News & Articles
- James Gould hosts Sedona Rap Cypher
If your verse is tight and you find the flow, then step up. The first ever official Sedona Rap Cypher, hosted by 18-year-old rapper and slam poet James Gould, will give young performers an opportunity to compete and to demonstrate their rap abilities in front of a live audience. Everybody who is under 25 years old who can freestyle rap is welcome to perform. The Sedona Rap Cypher will be on June ...
June 13, 2013 - Sedona Red Rock News
- Rap Veteran Calls Kanye West "One Of The Most Powerful Gay Men" In The World
Despite having a baby on the way with pregnant girlfriend Kim Kardashian, rap star Kanye West has been called out about his sexuality by Black Sheep's Dres. [Visit SOHH.com for more information]
June 12, 2013 - SOHH.com
- Rap Release of the Week: DJ Mustard's 'Ketchup'
DJ Mustard is best known for producing two radio-rap hits that stand out because of their considered use of just a few sounds and their animal brain-appealing, to-the-point minimalism: Tyga's "Rack City" and 2 Chainz's "I'm Different...
June 11, 2013 - Spin
- Al Sharpton in FOXNews
He made soul music a world music,Sharpton said. "What James Brown was to music in terms of soul and hip-hop, rap, all of that, is what Bach was to classical music. This is a guy who literally changed the music industry. He put everybody on...
- Bill Cosby in ABC News
I do not rap on any of these things,Cosby told The Associated Press on Monday. "I wouldn't know how to fix my mouth to say some of the words."
- Spike Lee in USA Today
There are middle-class, educated black people who speak the way he does. ...... We have to try to move away from this so-called image of what black is, which is largely influenced by rap and that type of stuff,Lee said.