- n an accusation that you are responsible for some lapse or misdeed
the police laid the blame on the driver
- n a reproach for some lapse or misdeed
he took the blame for it
- v put or pin the blame on
- v harass with constant criticism
- v attribute responsibility to
We blamed the accident on her
- s expletives used informally as intensifiers
it's a blamed shame
a blame cold winter
- I don't blame John McCain for not rounding up enough Republican votes to get this bailout bill through the House of Representatives--he's not a member of the House, he's never held .
News & Articles
- Mahan can blame 15 for lost US Open
Mahan can blame 15 for lost US Open
June 17, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Economists Blame Fed for Higher Bond Yields
Who's to blame for the sharp rise in long-term interest rates of recent weeks? Economists have their fingers out and they're pointing at the Federal Reserve.
June 16, 2013 - Wall Street Journal Blogs
- Chicago Blackhawks: Don't Blame Game 2 Loss on Brandon Bollig
The Chicago Blackhawks head to Boston looking at what amounts to be a five-game series for the 2013 Stanley Cup. Just remember to spread the blame around after the 'Hawks dropped Game 2 Saturday night. Don't toss Chicago forward Brandon Bollig under the bus for a 2-1 overtime loss to the Bruins. Let's not sugarcoat Bollig 's role in the loss. He did fail to come up with a puck along the boards ...
June 16, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
Those "who seek to sow conflict, or blame their society's ills on the West, know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy," Obama said.
- Jesse James in The Sun
He said: "There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way."
- Phil Gramm in NEWS.com.au
Senator Obama said: "It's time we had a president who doesn't deny our problems or blame the American people for them, but takes responsibility and provides the leadership to solve them."