- v make a strident sound
- v hit hard
- v use explosives on
- v apply a draft or strong wind to to
- v create by using explosives
- v make with or as if with an explosion
- v fire a shot
the gunman blasted away
- v criticize harshly or violently
- v shatter as if by explosion
- v shrivel or wither or mature imperfectly
- s expletives used informally as intensifiers
he's a blasted idiot
- When German tanks blasted their way into the suburbs, the defense hurled bottles of gasoline against them, trying to set them afire.
- Richard, who often wears Posse t-shirts, says he would frequently hear the band's music blasted during the day from the apartment below, when Devlin would be at work at the pizza .
- Somewhere in Taurus-Littrow and Hadley-Apennine are the comparatively tiny, truck-sized descent stages of the Apollo lunar modules, left behind when the crews blasted off.
News & Articles
- Florence RedWolves bounce Columbia Blowfish, 12-2
The Florence RedWolves (10-5) blasted 15 hits and the Columbia Blowfish (11-7) committed four errors on the way to a 12-2 rout for the visitors at Capital City Stadium in their Coastal Plain League game on Sunday night.
June 17, 2013 - The State
- Big bass highlight free fishing
Photo by Nathan Countryman John Capesius holds up the 16 inch bass that Veronica Capesius was able to catch on her line, just seconds before the horns blasted to signal the conclusion of the fishing derby.
June 17, 2013 - The Algona Upper Des Moines
- Man shot dead in Brooklyn early Sunday
Keith Anthony was blasted once in the torso outside the unruly bash on E. 51st St. near Avenue L in Flatlands about 2:45 a.m., police and witnesses said.
June 16, 2013 - New York Daily News
- Jason Kidd in USA Today
In this league, you've got to expect anything and everything,Jason Kidd said. "We've put ourselves in a position to win, and we've come up short by a point in the last three games. It's not like we're getting blasted by 20 and you're...
- Bobby Cox in Washington Post
Teixeira blasted off today,manager Bobby Cox said. "He's just been waiting for that home run swing to come around, and it sure did today."
- Miguel Cabrera in USA Today
It's good, it's good. We know we can score a lot of runs with offense like this,Cabrera said. "I'm glad we blasted away and I hope we can play like this for the rest of the season."