- s expletives used informally as intensifiers
I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing
he's a damn (or goddam or goddamned) fool
- r extremely
you are goddamn right!
- He ran out of his shop to find "the whole goddam ground lifting up.
- According to one of the girls, Ruby Sales, 20, Coleman shouted at them as they approached the store: "Get off my goddam property before I blow your goddam brains out, you black .
- Raise your goddam fares 20%.
News & Articles
- Byron Williams: Verdict is another in line of Florida absurdities
Not guilty!With those two words, I was overcome with that nauseating feeling of saddened expectation. I wanted so desperately to be wrong, but alas, absurdity won out. Nina Simone's 1963 civil rights protest anthem "Mississippi Goddam!" ought to be reprised.
July 21, 2013 - Lamorinda Sun
- William F Buckley Jr in National Review Online
Buckley replied: "Now listen, you queer, stop calling me a crypto-Nazi or I'll sock you in the goddam face and you'll stay plastered."
- Buzz Hargrove in Prince George Citizen
Warner quoted from minutes of a CAW board meeting in which union head Buzz Hargrove said a CAW adviser had been sent to Yellowknife "to keep a good strike going" and to "just ram the goddam hell out of the scabs."
- President Bush in Huffington Post (blog)
...began destroying what "President" George W. Bush called "that goddam piece of paper" -- the US Constitution -- failed to stop a terrorist attack on NYC and Washington, DC, shrugged off the valid concerns of the rest of the world about...