- v give a benediction to
The dying man blessed his son
- v confer prosperity or happiness on
- v make the sign of the cross over someone in order to call on God for protection; consecrate
- v render holy by means of religious rites
- a highly favored or fortunate (as e.g. by divine grace)
our blessed land
the blessed assurance of a steady income
- s worthy of worship
- s expletives used informally as intensifiers
not a blessed dime
I'll be damned (or blessed or darned or goddamned) if I'll do any such thing
- s Roman Catholic; proclaimed one of the blessed and thus worthy of veneration
- s enjoying the bliss of heaven
- s characterized by happiness and good fortune
a blessed time
- Jon Stewart presides over Comedy Central's The Daily Show, a blessed wedding of performer and format.
- Already twice blessed by the meat shortage and by exceptionally rich catches (187,000,000 lbs.
- I was blessed with great timing.
- Ricky Martin in The Money Times
I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am,Martin stated on his website. "These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within, and...
- Lovie Smith in San Francisco Chronicle
Being the first black coach to lead this team, of course our players knew about it, and they wanted to help us make history,Smith said. "So I feel blessed to be in that position."
- Dwyane Wade in The Associated Press
We'll see what the best thing is for us to win,Wade told the AP. "I'm going to make a lot of money, no matter what happens. I've been blessed. I'm not counting every dollar and every cent. Let's sit down, let's see what the best thing is...