- n people who have severe visual impairments, considered as a group
he spent hours reading to the blind
- n a hiding place sometimes used by hunters (especially duck hunters)
he waited impatiently in the blind
- n a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight
they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet
- n something intended to misrepresent the true nature of an activity
the holding company was just a blind
- v render unable to see
- v make blind by putting the eyes out
The criminals were punished and blinded
- v make dim by comparison or conceal
- a unable to see
a person is blind to the extent that he must devise alternative techniques to do efficiently those things he would do with sight if he had normal vision"--Kenneth Jernigan
- s unable or unwilling to perceive or understand
blind to a lover's faults
blind to the consequences of their actions
- s not based on reason or evidence
- We want them to stand up and say: 'I am blind, not stupid!'" she says.
- Whether or not it involves cronyism and cover-up, the affair of the White House travel office is a tale of ineptitude by officials who blindly followed bureaucratic rules.
- People with corrected vision of 20200 or worse are legally blind.
News & Articles
- Red scare: Blind Chinese dissident claims Chinese communist conquest of U.S. academia
Blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng has now released a statement concerning his allegations that New York University is severing relations with him to curry favor with China’s oppressive Communist government and assure completion of a gleaming portal campus in Shanghai.
June 17, 2013 - The Daily Caller via Yahoo! News
- Booted blind Chinese dissident: NYU caved to Communist pressure
AP THEN & NOW: Blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng arrived with great fanfare at Washington Square Village last year (pictured), but now says NYU planned on removing him almost as soon as he arrived. Welcome to New York University — now get out. Blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng, speaking out for the...
June 17, 2013 - New York Post
- Blind Activist Chen Says NYU Pressured By China To Force Him Out
Chen Guangcheng says New York University is ending his fellowship after it received "unrelenting pressure" from "Chinese communists." Chen, a blind human rights activist, became an international symbol of Chinese oppression after he escaped from house arrest last year and sought refu read more
June 17, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Barack Obama in Times of India
Hillary Clinton is out there like she's out in a duck blind every Sunday, she is packing a six shooter - come on she knows better,Obama said in Steelton, Pennsylvania. "That's the politics being played by Hillary Clinton."
- Mohammad Mohammadi in Washington Post
This new facility, God willing, will become operational soon and will blind the eyes of the enemies,Mohammad Mohammadi Golpayegani told the semi-official Fars news agency.
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Bloomberg
Cheney yesterday said some Democratic leaders "seem to believe that blind opposition to the new strategy in Iraq is good politics."