- n profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger
- n an appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group
- n an evil spell
a witch put a curse on his whole family
- n something causing misery or death
- n a severe affliction
- v utter obscenities or profanities
- v heap obscenities upon
The taxi driver who felt he didn't get a high enough tip cursed the passenger
- v wish harm upon; invoke evil upon
The bad witch cursed the child
- v exclude from a church or a religious community
- Japanese curse words lose something in the translation .
- A curse from an angry tavern owner whose smelly pet goat was denied admission to Wrigley Field.
- With Lady Astor presiding, undergraduates of Oxford and Cambridge debated the subject: "Resolved: That Education is the curse of the country," Oxford in the affirmative and.
News & Articles
- Deborah Friedell: Why Superman’s creators got a raw deal.
In 1975, when trade magazines reported that the first Superman movie was in development, a thousand news outlets across the country received a peculiar letter, single-spaced and ten pages long. “I, Jerry Siegel, the co-originator of Superman, put a curse on the Superman movie!” the letter . . . (Subscription required.)
June 17, 2013 - The New Yorker
- METRO ROUNDUP: Good week for Brown on golf course
The Springfield Sliders probably curse the departure of the Dubois County Bombers from the Prospect League more than most. What do the Bombers, who now ply their trade in the Ohio Valley League, have to do with the Sliders, or for that matter, the Terre Haute Rex?
June 16, 2013 - Terre Haute Tribune Star
- Curse of Chucky Offers a Glimpse Behind the Scenes
The sixth installment of the Child's Play franchise, Curse of Chucky is on the way, targeting an unspecified direct-home-video release (likely this fall) and ShockTillYouDrop.com has posted several behind-the-scenes images that you can check out here and here or by clicking the image below!
June 15, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan in CBS News
Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told Turkish lawmakers "this bloody massacre by Israel on ships that were taking humanitarian aid to Gaza deserves every kind of curse."
- Lance Armstrong in New Zealand Herald
Typical first stage: Everybody wants to be in the front, everybody nervous for crashes,Armstrong said, noting that a huge fan turnout on the roadsides was both good and bad. "Millions and millions on the road, it's a blessing and a curse....
- Fabio Capello in Times Online
It's the curse of being the captain,Capello said. "It happened near the end of training and Rio felt big pain in the knee. It was a tackle, but he was more or less alone. He put his feet in the grass with Heskey. I didn't see it. He told...