- n something causing misery or death
the bane of my life
- Injury is the bane of quick cricket. The intensity and the long haul is definite to make things worse.
- So what could be more welcome than two new books assailing this bane of modern family life: The Homework Myth (Da Capo Press; 243 pages), by Alfie Kohn, the prolific, perpetual .
- The current administration in Tehran is led by Ahmadinejad, whose confrontational stance has been the bane of Washington.
- Dwight Yoakam in Los Angeles Times
That's the bane of living on the West Coast,Yoakam said.
- Joe Maddon in ESPN
The road was a big part of our bane last year. To do that here, I was really pleased -- and I think it may carry over,manager Joe Maddon said. "You remember how many times last year we didn't finish it off. Tonight, we finished it off."
- Thomas Schieffer in NEWS.com.au
Terrorism is the bane of our time. By passing this legislation, Japan has demonstrated its willingness to stand with those who are trying to create a safer, more tolerant world,US ambassador to Japan Thomas Schieffer said.