- v utter obscenities or profanities
- v speak of in an irreverent or impious manner
- But he did make his voice heard in defense of civil libertiesin which he included the right of Jehovah's Witnesses even to blaspheme his own Catholic Church.
- It is impossible to blaspheme what does not exist.
- Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah.
- Abdoulaye Wade in Reuters South Africa
Should freedom of expression mean freedom to blaspheme? There is no such thing as limitless freedom,Wade told delegates, while criticising those who carried out attacks in the name of Islam: "They deserve only our contempt."
- President Bush in Baltimore Sun
Those who blaspheme Christ and get away with it are exploiting the Christian readiness to forgive and to love even those who insult us. There are some other religions which if you insult their founder they will not be just talking. They will make... Cardinal Francis Arinze http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Arinze&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGjnunevD_XB2y2f87EHYMoL-Wa2Q Sydney Morning Herald http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/Da-Vinci-Code-is-blasphemy-cardinal/2006/05/08/1146940445179.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGfMLSWC-ffhrwJCI-aIi0hd6CJVw May 7, 2006
10579 14834 blaspheme On Sept. 20, 2001, in an address to a joint session of Congress, President Bush assured Muslims that Americans respect their religion: Its teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme in the name of...