swear : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v utter obscenities or profanities
- v to declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
Before God I swear I am innocent
- v promise solemnly; take an oath
- v make a deposition; declare under oath
- v have confidence or faith in
I swear by my grandmother's recipes
- I swear to support the Constitution of the United States.
- Like the ancient kings of Mexico, they like to swear that they will cause the sun to rise, the rain to fall, the crops to grow.
- One need not be a sailor to swear like one, and now a study suggests there's a benefit to using bad words at the right time.
News & Articles
- Probation for cursing out church lady
LIHUE — Thou shalt not swear at church. Or at the church person.
June 13, 2013 - The Garden Island
- The Biggest Threat to the Economy Could Come From Outer Space
Imagine waking up just after midnight to a sky so bright you swear it must be early morning. Imagine seeing the Northern Lights as far south as Cuba or Hawaii. Imagine that the same phenomena behind both has also generated electric fields in the ground strong enough to power small electronics. That's what happened in 1859, when the earth was struck by the most severe geomagnetic storm ever ...
June 12, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- The Biggest Threat to the Global Economy Could Come From Outer Space
Imagine waking up just after midnight to a sky so bright you swear it must be early morning. Imagine seeing the Northern Lights as far south as Cuba or Hawaii. Imagine that the same phenomena behind both ...
June 12, 2013 - The Atlantic via Yahoo! Finance
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu in Forbes
I swear I have my papers in order, governor, I swear,"Babel" director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu of Mexico joked after Calif.
- Javier Mascherano in International Herald Tribune
When the referee showed me the second yellow card and sent me off, I could not believe it,Mascherano said. "I asked the referee what was happening. I did not swear, I was not aggressive and I did not confront him. All I did was ask him...