- v put or pin the blame on
- v harass with constant criticism
- v attribute responsibility to
We blamed the accident on her
- s expletives used informally as intensifiers
it's a blamed shame
- More recently, short selling has been blamed for helping precipitate the Asian financial crisis of the late 1990s; billionaire financier George Soros famously netted more than $1 .
- Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei condemned the attacks which have been blamed on Saudi-born Osama bin Laden.
- As the global economy teetered, columnists blamed companies' predatory lending practices, which doled out cash to people who couldn't afford it and didn't understand the terms of .
News & Articles
- EXCLUSIVE: Jailed filmmaker vows to finish film wrongly blamed for Benghazi attack
He was thrust into the international spotlight - and then jail - after the White House wrongly blamed him for the Benghazi attack last September which left the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three others dead, but Egyptian filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula told FoxNews.com he loves America and went out of his way to avoid any criticism of the Obama administration.
June 16, 2013 - Fox News
- Lightning blamed for explosion at Jourdanton plant
JOURDANTON, Texas -- A lightning strike is being blamed for a explosion and fire at a salt water disposal plant located about 15 miles south of Jourdanton on Friday night. No injuries were reported. Highway 16 was shut down for several hours as firefighters worked to contain a blaze at the San Miguel Salt Water Plant. Atascosa County authorities said the explosion was first reported around 7:15 ...
June 15, 2013 - KENS 5 San Antonio
- Lightning Blamed For Small Fires In Dinosaur National Monument
Lightning is being blamed for starting a handful of fires near the Dinosaur National Monument.
June 15, 2013 - CBS Denver
- Eric Cantor in NPR (blog)
Cantor said he has received other threats during his time in Congress "not only because of my position, but also because I'm Jewish. I've never blamed anyone in this body for that, period."
- Lionel Richie in International Herald Tribune
She has not blamed others for her problems and is growing up very quickly, albeit in the heat of the media spotlight,Lionel Richie told Usmagazine.com. "My father taught me to stand straight and take whatever punishment or hardships were...
- Stephen Jackson in Toronto Star
I wanted to be out pretty bad,Jackson said. "Things were going bad. I was getting blamed for everything."