- v grant remission of a sin to
The priest absolved him and told him to say ten Hail Mary's
- v let off the hook
I absolve you from this responsibility
- However, it makes painful reading for democrats all over the world the way your editorial seems to absolve Franco and his associates of the responsibility toward humanity for crimes committed during and after the Civil War.
- To absolve itself of criminal charges, the bank, one of the world's largest wealth managers, agreed to pay a $780 million penalty and release the names of 250 clients whom the Internal Revenue Service suspected of evading taxes.
- This gorgeously spare book about love and loneliness offers us the gift of forgiveness, for as we absolve Olive of all the awful things she's done, we also forgive ourselves our own trespasses.
News & Articles
- Mexico vs. Costa Rica: Score, Grades and Post-Match Reaction
Cue the panic at Estadio Azteca. Mexico had a chance to make a statement and absolve some of their earlier concerns after a slow start to the hexagonal table in 2014 World Cup qualifying standings, but a scoreless draw against Costa Rica did anything but table early concerns that El Tri are lost under Jose Manuel de la Torre. In fact, Mexico is in dire straits headed into the Confederations ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Cummings: Cincinnati employees say their actions started IRS targeting efforts
As another IRS official is replaced, lawmaker says new details should absolve the White House of blame.
June 11, 2013 - Washington Post
- 'Mirror's Edge 2' Debuted At E3!
Did EA just absolve themself by announcing "Mirror's Edge 2?" Probably not, but it's certainly a running leap in the right direction. E3 is shaping up pretty nicely for Earth's Most Evil Comapany®. Announcing "Battlefront 3" and now "Mirror's Edge 2" may have tipped the scales a bit for some of the jaded gamers over [...]
June 10, 2013 - MTV
- Sergey Lavrov in USA Today
NATO "is trying to make a victim of the aggressor, to absolve of guilt a criminal regime, to save a collapsed regime; and is taking a course to rearm the current leaders of Georgia," Lavrov said.
- Lula da Silva in Forbes
I want everyone to know that the government is doing the possible and the impossible to investigate the causes of the accident,Silva said. "One cannot condemn or absolve anyone on the basis of rushed opinions."
- John Paxson in New York Times
I never absolve myself from responsibility,Paxson said. "We all felt confident we had a team that was going to be pretty good this year. Our players now are put in a position where they have to look in the mirror and see what they can do...