- v cover as if with a blanket
snow blanketed the fields
- v form a blanket-like cover (over)
- s covered with (or as if with) a blanket
- Now as then, there are stories of open sky where homes had once been; of beaches blanketed by lumber; of loss beyond reckoning.
- Every topic in the political cosmos is blanketed by data.
- And almost everything we think we know about it is wrong, or at least blanketed in clouds.
News & Articles
- Makeshift memorial to Marathon bombing victims to be taken down, moved to city archives
For more than two months, Copley Square has been blanketed with the physical markers of grief and remembrance: stuffed animals, flowers, crosses, photographs, candles, dozens of pairs of running shoes. For those who pass by the square, this makeshift memorial to the Boston Marathon bombing victims remains a stirring testament to the strength of the city and its people. But now has come the time ...
June 21, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Singapore Haze: Lately Things Just Don’t Seem the Same
A worker wears a mask to protest from a haze blanketed the Singapore Central Business District, or CBD skyline in the background on Thursday, June 20, 2013. A smoky haze triggered by forest fires in neighboring Indonesia has caused air pollution to briefly hit its worst level in nearly 16 years in Singapore.
June 21, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Bristol Borough voters pick Saxton for mayor, candidates for borough council seats and school board
BRISTOL BOROUGH - Despite the fact that challengers on the Democratic ballot for council seats blanketed the town with signs and packed the polls with election watchers, the incumbents prevailed, keeping their seats in the South, East and West wards, but losing the North Ward seat vacated by Patrick Sabatini to Dave Girard.
June 21, 2013 - Bristol Pilot
- Herm Edwards in INDYchannel.com
They can rush the passer very, very well,said Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards. "They blanketed us in coverage well today and forced the quarterback to hold the ball. When that happens, your quarterback is going to get hit. We have to give...
- Barack Obama in UPI.com
When the special interests sent an army of lobbyists to Congress and blanketed the airwaves with millions in negative ads, you mobilized and organized and refused to give up,Obama said the University of Iowa in Iowa City. "You knew this...
- Josh Francou in Melbourne Herald Sun
He is the best emotional leader at the club and the other players feed off him,Francou said. "Chad is definitely the barometer of the side. If he's blanketed and struggling to exert his usual influence . . . sometimes the real passion he...