- n a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing
- n a blank gap or missing part
- n a piece of material ready to be made into something
- n a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
- v keep the opposing (baseball) team from winning
- s (of a surface) not written or printed on
fill in the blank spaces
- s void of expression
a blank stare
- s not charged with a bullet
a blank cartridge
- Benito Mussolini pointed a shiny black pistol at the League of Nations last week, fired a thunderous blank.
- British editions of The Economist ran an otherwise blank page with a box explaining that a review of Spycatcher was appearing in all 170 countries where the magazine has .
- Many blank ballots were expected to be cast by such Catholics as consider the Premier too innovating a New Dealer.
News & Articles
- Blank Joins WKNO-FM As News Director
Christopher Blank has joined WKNO-FM, the Mid-South affiliate of National Public Radio, as news director. Blank, who has produced feature stories for ...
June 18, 2013 - The Memphis Daily News
- Ask Rick Blank your strategic planning, patent, and product marketing questions
Join the Hive and Rick Blank of SCORE Boston today from at 1 p.m. to ask and answer all your questions on start-up patents, strategic planning for your company, and how to market your product.
June 18, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Bruins blank Blackhawks to edge closer to title
Bruins blank Blackhawks to edge closer to title
June 18, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- Ryan Crocker in Reuters
We do expect results, as do the Iraqi people, and our support is not a blank check,Crocker said.
- Scott McClellan in International Herald Tribune
I was reluctant to do it,McClellan told the Democratic-led panel. "I got on the phone with Scooter Libby and asked him point-blank, 'Were you involved in this in any way?' And he assured me in unequivocal terms that he was not."
- Howard Stern in CBS News
I am not married. It's a nice feeling that we get along great. We're very happy and I don't want to (blank) it up,said Stern, who is finally free of government decency laws on Sirius Satellite Radio Inc.