lacuna : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a blank gap or missing part
- n an ornamental sunken panel in a ceiling or dome
- The phrase masks what may be a legal lacuna in which the more than 10,000 mercenaries operating as "security contractors" in Iraq operate.
- This lacuna in liberal education is both lamentable and inexcusable .
- The intensification of German propaganda inside Switzerland led many Swiss to believe that Germany might like to fill the last lacuna in this Pan-Germanic ideal sooner rather than .
News & Articles
- Crowdfund Bookie, July 28 - August 3: Satellite Reign, Liege, Lacuna Passage
The Crowdfund Bookie crunches data from select successful Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns that ended during the week and produces pretty charts for you to look at. This was a busy week in crowdfunding, as the Kickstarter campaigns for Satellite Reign , Liege , Lacuna Passage , Dungeonmans , Eterium , Project Maiden , Colonisation: Moonbase , Saintly , Salvage Trader and KR-17 ended. Real ...
Aug. 5, 2013 - Joystiq
- Mani Shankar Aiyar in Thaindian.com (blog)
Till recently there was no integrated road map for development of the region but with the release of the Vision 2020 document in July by the Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh) this lacuna has been corrected,Aiyar, who is also the chairman of the...
- Condoleezza Rice in Los Angeles Times
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, quizzed by a congressional committee last month, agreed that "there is a lacuna in our law about this. And even though this particular case . . . has been referred to the Department of Justice for further action,...
- Krishna Tirath in Times of India
There are a number of legislations to curb the practice. The moment I find there is a lacuna, I will rectify it. However, education is the best solution to address this issue,Tirath said after assuming charge on Saturday.