- n a person who does not talk
- n an ignorant or foolish person
- n a figure representing the human form
- n a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
- v make a dummy of
dummy up the books that are to be published
- s having the appearance of being real but lacking capacity to function
a dummy corporation
- Before the Sino-Soviet split became public, Peking used little Albania as a sort of ventriloquist's dummy.
- All you want's the dummy.
- Not bad for a guy and a dummy, but Dunham had bigger plans.
News & Articles
- OnGARD Smart Dummy Camera Deters Intruders While Homeowners are Away on Vacation this Summer
Jordan Frankel, president of Global Security Experts, proudly announces the one year anniversary of the OnGARD Smart Dummy Camera’s launch last June. The solar-powered OnGARD Smart Dummy Camera is manufactured to replicate the more expensive security cameras used to monitor lavish homes and prominent commercial facilities. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com ...
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Dummy round found at Flagstaff Pulliam Airport
A dummy explosive round was found at the Flagstaff Pulliam Airport
June 16, 2013 - KTAR 92.3 Phoenix
- Dummy round found at airport
A dummy explosive round was found by a Flagstaff Pulliam Airport employee driving through a gate at about 1:45 p.m. Saturday, according to information from the Flagstaff Police Department.
June 16, 2013 - Arizona Daily Sun
- Raymond Kelly in News24
In those incidents, "dummy hand grenades were used and the explosive, black powder, was put into those grenades and that caused the explosion", Kelly said. "Here, it may be similar powder - we still have to determine that."
- Tank Johnson in USA Today
Regardless of what Jones is called -- "I call him dummy if I want," Tank Johnson said, laughing when asked which name was proper -- off-field issues are what got Jones in trouble and suspended from the NFL last season while he was still with...