- v render unable to see
- v make blind by putting the eyes out
The criminals were punished and blinded
- v make dim by comparison or conceal
- s deprived of sight
- And on July 31, the Son of Sam struck again, shooting a young woman, who was killed, and her male companion, who would be blinded.
- As a 14-year-old eighth grader, he was so blinded by the bright lights in the auditorium when he won, he borrowed his mother's sunglasses for post-competition photo sessions.
- Chailert doesn't object to elephants being used for labor, but she has taken in animals that have been blinded, shot, beaten, burned, maimed or left for dead after accidents.
News & Articles
- Chimp victim faces battle in appeal of $150M suit
NEW HAVEN, Conn. — Blocked in her bid to sue Connecticut for $150 million, the woman mauled and disfigured by a chimpanzee in 2009 faces an uphill battle as she appeals to the legislature. Charla Nash says officials knew the chimp was dangerous but didn't do anything about it. She was blinded, lost her hands and underwent a face transplant after the attack.
June 22, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Radio: Why certain songs are played far too often on area radio stations?
My son Sean and I were driving around recently, listening to the radio as we often do. On comes "Blinded by the Light" by Manfred Mann when Sean mentions that this is one of the songs overplayed on FM radio.
June 20, 2013 - Los Angeles Daily News
- Blinded suburban veteran pedals into new challenge
Despite being blinded by roadside bomb in Iraq, U.S. Army veteran Steve Baskis has gone on to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, ski in Yellowstone and compete in Ironman triathlons. On Saturday, Baskis was ready to take on a new challenge, with the help of a new tandem bicycle.
June 15, 2013 - Daily Herald
- Vicente del Bosque in AFP
Of course we must celebrate this victory but we will do so with moderation,Del Bosque said after Carles Puyol's fabulous header gave his side a 1-0 semi-final win over Germany on Wednesday. "We will not be blinded by success. We will enjoy...
- Venus Williams in Melbourne Herald Sun
I've never had to serve in the sun at this tournament,Venus said. "I can't see the ball after I serve. I'm blinded, so it's pretty interesting."
- Shulamit Aloni in Forbes
We reached such a state of euphoria and such excitement that we were blinded, because with such a success we could have brought peace,former Israeli Cabinet minister Shulamit Aloni told Israel Radio. "Today we can make peace and we aren't...