blinking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a reflex that closes and opens the eyes rapidly
- v briefly shut the eyes
- v force to go away by blinking
- v gleam or glow intermittently
- s closing the eyes intermittently and rapidly
he stood blinking in the bright sunlight
- s informal intensifiers
what a bally (or blinking) nuisance
- And while all this fuss about his potentially improper involvement in pardon-seeking has Hugh blinking like a none-too-swift deer caught in exceptionally bright headlights, this 50 .
- From this subterranean realm, Felix, 5, Stefan, 18, and Kerstin, 19, have now come blinking into the world.
- Unveiled in 1946 in a blaze of publicity, it was a monstrous 30-ton machine, as big as two semis and filled with enough vacuum tubes (19,000), switches (6,000) and blinking lights .
News & Articles
- Blinking yellow lights confuse Collier drivers
A new kind of traffic light is making its debut in Collier County - blinking yellow arrows. They're already up and running at two Naples intersections. We found out what drivers should do at these lights and why the county installed them.
June 21, 2013 - NBC 2 Fort Myers
- Ohio man gets 36 years to life in dying blink case
CINCINNATI (AP) — A man paralyzed and hooked up to a ventilator after he was shot in the face and neck could only communicate by blinking his eyes, but those blinks helped lead to what could end up as life in prison for the man convicted of murdering him.
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Man Sentenced in "Blinking Murder"
Ricardo Woods will spend 36 years to life in prison after jury saw video of dying victim identifying him as the murder by blinking
June 20, 2013 - Local 12 Cincinnati
- Lee Hamilton in FOXNews
But there is no blinking the fact that that's a risky mission and a difficult mission and we should not slide over it as you have not in your comments,Hamilton said.
- George Tenet in Forbes
During that investigation, then-CIA Director George Tenet told the commission that "the system was blinking red."
- John McCain in Forbes
This statement is looking for the blinking `exit' sign,McCain told reporters Sunday, reading Romney's quote from a handwritten 3-by-5 inch card he pulled from a pocket.