- n a rapid change in brightness; a brief spark or flash
- n merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance
there's a perpetual twinkle in his eyes
- v gleam or glow intermittently
- v emit or reflect light in a flickering manner
Does a constellation twinkle more brightly than a single star?
- Twinkle, twinkle Kenneth Starr, Now we see how brave you are!--To enter, stop booing, adapt a nursery rhyme of your choice and compose a stanza on your favorite newsmaker.
- But Ben Franklin, that genial urban entrepreneur, seems made of flesh rather than of marble, addressable by nickname, and he turns to us from history's stage with eyes that twinkle .
- No phenomenon of nature is too small to escape the curiosity of modern science, not even the twinkle of distant little stars.
News & Articles
- What is the Big Bang all about? [Starts With A Bang]
“Twinkle, twinkle, quasi-star Biggest puzzle from afar How unlike the other ones Brighter than a billion suns Twinkle, twinkle, quasi-star How I wonder what you are.” -George Gamow The Big Bang is one of the greatest, revolutionary ideas in all of modern science, but it’s also one of the most successful ideas as far as…
June 13, 2013 - ScienceBlogs
- Zac Snyder's leaden 'Man of Steel' doesn't soar
Henry Cavill's performance is less memorable for his introspective brooding than for his six-pack (a fetish for Zac Snyder, the director of '300'). He's handsome and capable, but one can't help missing Christopher Reeve's twinkle.
June 11, 2013 - Asbury Park Press
- Actor John Davidson Genuinely Glad to Play the Wizard of Oz
John Davidson leapt at the chance to go off to be the wizard in Wicked. "I've always looked for those roles that are a twinkle in the eye, and the wizard is one of the most fun parts in the show to play," said Davidson, a Denison University graduate.
June 10, 2013 - HispanicBusiness.com
- Terry Taylor in Reuters Canada
Robert was a lovely man who truly had a zest for life,AP sports editor Terry Taylor said. "He had a twinkle in his eye, a sly sense of humor and, usually, a self deprecating remark that made him an irresistible magnet for all of us. We...
- Stu Voigt in ESPN
It takes away your body,Voigt said of the disease. "But I could tell the mind was there, and the twinkle in his eye. ...... He was really quite a guy."
- Jim Grobe in Gatorsports.com
It takes time,said football coach Jim Grobe, who led the Demon Deacons to the Orange Bowl last season. "I don't think it can happen overnight. Skip was a bigger-than-life guy. Everybody knows those kind of people. They just have a twinkle...