- v give off
the substance scintillated sparks and flashes
- v reflect brightly
- v emit or reflect light in a flickering manner
- v physics: fluoresce momentarily when struck by a charged particle or high-energy photon
- v be lively or brilliant or exhibit virtuosity
- The opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics had a scintillating fireworks display and it lit up the sky in a rainbow of colors.
- Would it scintillate and glitter? No, thought the editors of the Harvard Crimson (undergraduate daily).
- Up-to-date recording technique makes Composer Strauss's autobiographical "Life of a Hero" scintillate.