- n a momentary flash of light
- n merriment expressed by a brightness or gleam or animation of countenance
he had a sparkle in his eye
- n electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
- n a small but noticeable trace of some quality that might become stronger
a spark of interest
a spark of decency
- n Scottish writer of satirical novels (born in 1918)
- n a small fragment of a burning substance thrown out by burning material or by friction
- v put in motion or move to act
- v emit or produce sparks
A high tension wire, brought down by a storm, can continue to spark
- Light from an electric spark is polarized by a Nicol prism, then sent through a cell containing carbon disulfide, a second cell containing a water solution of any substance to .
- Death Stalks A Continent In the dry timber of African societies, AIDS was a spark.
- They are clumsy or brutal, lacking the divine spark we surely possess; and rather than being stolen by gypsies, we were left on their doorstep by some superior beings as a test of .
News & Articles
- Spark R&D to Sell Voilé Splitboard Hardware
Voilé splitboard hardware be distributed under Spark R&D, Montana... Related posts: Voile Drops The Light Rail Splitboard Binding Spark R&D Re-Introduces the BLAZE Splitboard Binding for the 2011/2012 Season Burton Settles Vans Lawsuit, Splits Patent With Voile
June 12, 2013 - Transworld Snowboarding
- SPARK to host discussion on STDs
The Students and Parents Against Risks to Kids (SPARK) organization will address sexually transmitted diseases at its next meeting.
June 12, 2013 - Southlake Times
- Spark Hire Ready for Its Close-Up at The SHRM 2013 Annual Conference & Exposition
Locate Spark Hire’s video interviewing demonstrations and iPad Mini raffle at Booth #1061 (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10819670.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
We will do everything we can to both interdict it and prevent it and shut off their flow of money,Clinton said. "If we do not take significant and effective action against the North Koreans now, we'll spark an arms race in Northeast Asia....
- John McCain in FOXNews
On "The View," McCain said that Palin had "ignited a spark" among voters but acknowledged they parted ways on certain issues.
- Andy MacPhail in Tampabay.com
What you're hoping to accomplish when you make a change like this is, you're hoping to ignite a spark, give everybody a clean slate,MacPhail said.