- v put in motion or move to act
actuate the circuits
- v give an incentive for action
- When raindrops or snow is sensed, the windshield wipers actuate automatically.
- The Prime Minister believes that she can actuate change and therefore she has been inducted into the cabinet.
- Excessive partiality for one foreign nation, and excessive dislike of another, cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the .
- Lou Lamoriello in New York Daily News
I feel the same today as I did prior to the playoffs, and certainly during the season, that this team had abilities and had potential to go a good distance,Lamoriello said Friday. "I hate the word 'potential.' We certainly didn't actuate...