incite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v give an incentive for action
- v provoke or stir up
incite a riot
- v urge on; cause to act
- She sings of brotherhood to incite student riots.
- The only surefire way to get out of a crushing mortgage is to stop mailing in checks and incite the bank to foreclose.
- Witnesses accuse him of delivering an anti-Semitic speech in January 1941 (sample: "A group of Jews and Jew-lovers are ruling everything") that helped to incite rioting during .
News & Articles
- The Diner's Guide To Tipping
There are certain topics that are guaranteed to incite passionate responses. Discussing controversial issues such as religion or politics is bound to land you in, at the least, a spirited debate. Oddly, you'll find that similar vigor and vitriol enters the conversation when discussing tipping etiquette, especially if you bring it up around those in the restaurant industry. The debate over who ...
June 15, 2013 - Forbes
- Blaze's Ikner goes from tryout prospect to AFL starter
SALT LAKE CITY – As is tradition the morning of every road game for the Utah Blaze, players and coaches gathered in the meeting room of the visiting hotel for an overview of that night’s matchup. Rather than incite inspiration using his own words, c oach Ron James opened the floor to his players, allowing them to opportunity to express their own motivations. read more
June 15, 2013 - Standard-Examiner
- Author Hopes to Lead Readers “Into the Calm”
Gleyder A. Dominquez’s “Despues Llegara La Calma” is a book meant to soothe, not incite. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/GleyderADominquez/DespuesLlegaraLaCalma/prweb10830045.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lisa Murkowski in Los Angeles Times
It does us no good to incite fear in people by saying that there's these end-of-life provisions, these death panels,Murkowski told a crowd this week.
- Eric Cantor in CBS News
I've received threats since I assumed elected office, not only because of my position but also because I'm Jewish,Cantor said. "Any suggestion that a leader in this body would incite threats...... is akin to saying I would endanger myself,...
- Jalal Talabani in International Herald Tribune
The call for al-Dhari's arrest came two days after Iraqi President Jalal Talabani called him a hard-liner with "nothing to do but incite sectarian and ethnic sedition."