- v hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of
- v render unsuitable for passage
- v obstruct access to
- v impose a blockade on
- s blocking entrance to and exit from seaports and harbors
the blockading ships prevented delivery of munitions
- He says enough men can just lift the few blockading cars out of the way.
- For the past six days, a pro-Kremlin youth movement has been blockading the Estonian embassy, demanding that either Estonia apologize for its desecration of the memorial, or .
- During their 192-day protest campaign, the PAD paralyzed Thailand, blockading the capital's two airports for eight days and besieging the Prime Minister's office complex for months.
News & Articles
- I Voted For Change: Over 20 Arrested as KXL Protests Target Obama
Over 20 anti-Keystone protesters were arrested Monday morning for blockading the doors to a Chicago federal building as part of newly launched call to action that declares "if you don't act, I will." The demonstration was the first action organized by the group No KXL who are launching a civil disobedience campaign aimed directly at President Obama and his pending decision to permit construction ...
June 17, 2013 - CommonDreams.org
- Tom Morello in Blabbermouth.net
Morello says he made his exit by sea in a dramatic escape: "After my set, I had to escape via small boat to the Baltic Sea. There were police boats blockading the entrance to the festival and we snuck out under cover of darkness."
- Ehud Olmert in Xinhua
The result must be an effective blockading of the Philadelphi Route, with supervision and follow-ups,added Olmert, referring to the border area between Gaza and Egypt where Gazan militants have allegedly been smuggling weapons through tunnels.
- Serzh Sarkisian in ArmeniaNow.com
I will only accept the invitation if the agreements are observed and visible steps are taken, that is, I will go to Turkey if the border is open or if we are on the threshold of Armenia's de-blockading,emphasized Sargsyan on Tuesday in a...