- s of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
- West Germany's Stern battles skeptics and former allies Though word of the story had spread for several days, the blood-red banner headline was startling.
- As a blood-red sun was sinking behind the thorn trees on the Zambezi escarpment, a lumbering Air Rhodesia Viscount airliner took off from Kariba on a flight to Salisbury.
- Iraq is slipping deeper into the blood-red waters of civil strife.
News & Articles
- Caribbean chicken burger with mango relish
Like I have said in previous posts, I like to challenge myself daily. Previously, I had never had a chicken burger I liked. I am a red meat kind of guy through and through. To me, my burger should still have a nice, blood-red color before I eat it, so of course, chicken was always out of the question.
July 3, 2013 - Observer-Reporter
- Actor who played ghoulish TV host Sammy Terry dies
Bob Carter's Sammy Terry character was a fixture of Indianapolis television from 1962 to 1989, beginning each episode of "Nightmare Theater" on WTTV-TV by climbing out of a coffin with a trademark fiendish chuckle, wearing a blood-red cape and skullcap, and green makeup on his face.
July 2, 2013 - Indianapolis Business Journal
- Dexter Season-Premiere Recap: Lost and Losing It
This is how the end begins — a blood-red kite thrashing against an angry sky, set to the delicate strains of “What a Wonderful World.” Look closely and you’ll see a rainbow take shape as Dexter plays with his son. It’s a faint sign of hope. Looming larger is a ... More »
July 1, 2013 - Vulture
- Tom Lantos in AFP
There is a direct link between these blood-red gemstones and the bloodied robes of monks who were brutally suppressed when they took to the streets to demand democracy and human rights,Lantos said.