- n a variable color that is vivid red but sometimes with an orange tinge
- s of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
- The present scarlet fever season was an opportune time for two German investigators at Wiesbaden last week to announce that they had isolated the scarlet fever bacillus.
- The Government last week knew of 6,070 cases of scarlet fever in the country.
- Afternoon in Caroni Swamp finds fanny-pack-clad, zoom-lens-toting tourists squeezed into pirogues motoring through the wetlands to catch a glimpse of the scarlet ibis, Trinidad's .