- n a transparent piece of ruby that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem
- n a transparent deep red variety of corundum; used as a gemstone and in lasers
- n a deep and vivid red color
- s of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
News & Articles
- Ruby Pearl Beck
Ruby Pearl Beck, 98, of Sterling, passed away June 11, 2013, in Sterling. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, June 13, at Chaney-Reager Funeral Home. Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday, June 14, at Lighthouse Baptist Church, with the Rev. Justin Steimer officiating. Interment will be at Sunset Memorial Gardens.
June 13, 2013 - Sterling Journal-Advocate
- Ruby Tuesday Announces the Appointment of Todd Burrowes as President, Ruby Tuesday Concept and Chief Operations Officer
Ruby Tuesday, Inc. today announced the appointment of Todd Burrowes as President, Ruby Tuesday concept and Chief Operations Officer. Burrowes, who has more than 25 years of industry experience, joins Ruby Tuesday after spending the past five years as the Executive Vice President of Operations for LongHorn Steakhouse, a portfolio brand of Darden Restaurants, Inc.
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ruby Tuesday names Todd Burrowes as COO
Casual dining chain Ruby Tuesday Inc. said it named Todd Burrowes as chief operations officer for the company, and president of its namesake chain. Burrowes, 50, has more than 25 years of industry experience. ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Bruce Willis in Forbes
I think the ruby slippers are way cooler,Willis said. "I was pretty surprised by this."