cherry : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n wood of any of various cherry trees especially the black cherry
- n any of numerous trees and shrubs producing a small fleshy round fruit with a single hard stone; many also produce a valuable hardwood
- n a red fruit with a single hard stone
- n a red the color of ripe cherries
- s of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
- I Gave My Love a Cherry Coke .
- Visitors take pictures of blooming cherry trees at Shinjuku park in Tokyo March 7, 2007.
- In Washington last week, Government economists were as cheery as the cherry trees and for much the same reason.
News & Articles
- Cherry Hill man sentenced in scheme to sink boat for insurance money
A Cherry Hill fishing boat owner has been sentenced to nearly four years in prison for his role in a botched scheme to sink the boat for insurance money.
June 12, 2013 - Courier-Post
- Cherry growers attend field day in Prosser
Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:24:57 GMT By Kristi Pihl Tri-City Herald PPROSSER -- Jianfeng Zhou hooked the triangular mouth of a handheld tool around a thin cherry tree branch and turned it on, shaking the branch until cherries and some leaves fell into a catch frame held by Peter Larbi. “This is only a prototype,” said L...
June 12, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Cherry Valley Fire Department Celebrate 200 Years
CHERRY VALLEY, N.Y. (WKTV) - Cherry Valley Fire Department celebrated their bicentennial over the weekend, honoring their fire fighters for 200 years of service.
June 10, 2013 - WKTV Utica
- Harry Reid in Reuters South Africa
Before the report arrives in Congress, it will pass through the White House spin machine, where facts are often ignored or twisted, and intelligence is cherry-picked,said US Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada.