blooded : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill
- s of unmixed ancestry
full-blooded Native American
- Dinosaurs are generally regarded as overgrown lizardspea-brained, coldblooded creatures that spent most of their lives hulking sluggishly in the sun.
- This structure, scientists explain, suggests that the dinosaur in question was warm-blooded, like birds and mammals, rather than cold-blooded, like snakes and lizards.
- Forget what you knew: they weren't necessarily cold-blooded or pea-brained, and may not really be extinct.
News & Articles
- Fish fry: Midday too hot for speckled trout to feed
Water temperature has a profound impact on cold-blooded speckled trout.
June 21, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Utahns must be wary of rattlesnakes during summer months
People in shorts and flip-flops aren’t the only creatures coming out to bask in the summer sunshine. Warm weather means cold-blooded animals are becoming more active, and that includes Utah’s only venomous snake — the rattlesnake. read more
June 21, 2013 - Standard-Examiner
- Today in history: June 20, 2013
In 1913: Forty head of 1 and 2-year-old blooded shorthorn cattle arrived at the Redding stockyards consigned to Dr. J.A. Black at Burney Valley. Black was going to improve his herd and planned in a few years to engage exclusively in the business of raising shorthorn cattle.
June 20, 2013 - The Record Searchlight
- Denise Richards in The Australian
You can train them and use as many safety precautions as you can, but you're still taking a chance,Ms Richards said. "Even though it may appear that the bear attacked for no reason, there was a reason. They're not cold-blooded killers."
- Lillo Brancato Jr in WCBS-TV New York
There's a saying in Italian, I'll say it in English -- when the devil caresses you he wants your soul,Brancato said. "I'm not the monster that they portray me as in newspapers, a cold-blooded killer and all of that. I'm not that person at...