- n the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped through the body by the heart and contains plasma, blood cells, and platelets
blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries away waste products
the ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions
- n temperament or disposition
a person of hot blood
- n a dissolute man in fashionable society
- n the descendants of one individual
- n people viewed as members of a group
we need more young blood in this organization
- v smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill
- Adding to the burgeoning evidence that air quality may have a direct impact on heart health, a new study finds a measurable increase in blood pressure due to traffic pollution.
- A blood-recovery machine known as a cell saver, seen here during a prostate operation, suctions off blood, cleans it and returns it to the patient.
- Though blood transfusions have saved thousands of lives, the procedure can be risky for patients and doctors alike.
News & Articles
- True Blood Postmortem: Season 6's First Casualty Speaks!
True Blood Postmortem: Season 6's First Casualty Speaks! Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:00 pm, Saturday, June 15, 2013 During Sunday's premiere, the HBO series officially said goodbye to Luna Garza (Janina Gavankar), the love interest of Sam (Sam ...
June 22, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Blood clot sends Angels' Vargas to disabled list
The Los Angeles Angels have placed starting pitcher Jason Vargas on the disabled list with a blood clot in his left armpit area, the Angels announced on Friday.
June 21, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- 'True Blood's Stephen Moyer joins 3 stars in Brooke Shields' 'Chicago'
'True Blood' star Stephen Moyer was announced as cast member on Friday for the Hollywood Bowl's version of 'Chicago.'
June 21, 2013 - OnTheRedCarpet.com
- Barack Obama in ABC News
Obama, in a statement, said that on Sept. 11, 2001, "Americans across our great country came together to stand with the families of the victims, to donate blood, to give to charity, and to say a prayer for our country. Let us renew that."
- Jock Stirrup in guardian.co.uk
Sir Jock Stirrup, chief of the defence staff, said: "Make no mistake, the Taliban influence is waning, and through British blood, determination and grit, a window of opportunity has been opened."
- David Paterson in BBC News
It's a horrible situation, very gory. There's blood in the street,said Lieutenant Governor David Paterson, who is set to replace outgoing Governor Eliot Spitzer on Monday.