barricade : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a barrier set up by police to stop traffic on a street or road in order to catch a fugitive or inspect traffic etc.
- n a barrier (usually thrown up hastily) to impede the advance of an enemy
they stormed the barricade
- v render unsuitable for passage
barricade the streets
- v prevent access to by barricading
The street where the President lives is always barricaded
- v block off with barricades
- The Berlin Wall: A Pictorial History A defecting East German soldier, Conrad Schuman, leaps over a barbed wire barricade into West Berlin on August 15, 1961.
- Patrick Kennedy, who mysteriously plowed his Ford Mustang into a security barricade on Capitol Hill last week, once seemed the great hope of his generation of America's most .
- They sought to break down the barricade by backing against it a ponderous auto-street sweeper.
News & Articles
- Unions give lift to Turkish protest movement
FILE - In this Saturday, June 15, 2013, file photo, Protesters man a barricade near Gezi park,... FILE - In this Wednesday, June 12, 2013, file photo, a masked protester is backdropped by a... People carry the coffin of Ethem Sarisuluk, one of five people killed during the recent...
June 18, 2013 - Washington Examiner
- Md. Man Charged After Barricade
St. Mary's County deputies arrested a 19-year-old man following a barricade and charged him with firearms, destruction of property and drug offenses.
June 17, 2013 - WUSA 9 Washington, D.C.
- Unions give lift to Turkish anti-gov't protests
FILE - In this Saturday, June 15, 2013, file photo, Protesters man a barricade near Gezi park, in Istanbul.
June 17, 2013 - Washington Examiner
- Moshe Yaalon in Israel Hasbara Committee (subscription)
But,Yaalon added, "we have to understand that although we are trying to shake the Palestinians off our backs they refuse to do so and stab us instead. We shouldn't fool ourselves. We live in the Middle East. We cannot barricade ourselves behind...
- Gulab Chand Kataria in Thaindian.com (blog)
At least 40 were killed and 120 injured in the stampeded that was caused by the breaking of a barricade that was built to control the devotees,State Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria said.
- Rabri Devi in Hindu
Neither my son, nor anybody from our side created a nuisance ...... We simply asked the policemen present at the barricade to allow my son to pass .............. It is false that my son or those with him damaged the police tent,Rabri said.