crashing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v fall or come down violently
- v move with, or as if with, a crashing noise
- v undergo damage or destruction on impact
- v move violently as through a barrier
- v break violently or noisily; smash;
- v occupy, usually uninvited
- v make a sudden loud sound
- v enter uninvited; informal
- v cause to crash
- v hurl or thrust violently
- v undergo a sudden and severe downturn
- v stop operating
- v sleep in a convenient place
- s informal intensifiers
a crashing bore
- Lowell Murray in CTV.ca
Initally we thought it might have been an airplane crashing into the building,Murray said. "But we were standing around wondering what was going on. And I quickly realized it was an earthquake. And then everybody started shouting out, out,...
- Terry Francona in Boston Herald
The season doesn't wind down - it just comes to a crashing halt,said Terry Francona, the Boston manager. "You go into the top of the inning excited because you think you're going to keep playing. Half an inning later, you're going home."
- Sebastian Vettel in 940 News
In the end it was my fault for crashing into Mark's car, so I'm not here to blame anybody but it's clear that the rhythm was not there,Vettel said.