- n a new branch
- n the act of shooting at targets
they hold a shoot every weekend during the summer
- v hit with a missile from a weapon
- v kill by firing a missile
- v fire a shot
- v make a film or photograph of something
shoot a movie
- v send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly
shoot a glance
- v run or move very quickly or hastily
- v move quickly and violently
- v throw or propel in a specific direction or towards a specific objective
shoot a golf ball
- v record on photographic film
- v emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully
- v cause a sharp and sudden pain in
- v force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing
- v variegate by interweaving weft threads of different colors
- v throw dice, as in a crap game
- v spend frivolously and unwisely
- v score
shoot a basket
shoot a goal
- v utter fast and forcefully
- v measure the altitude of by using a sextant
shoot a star
- v produce buds, branches, or germinate
- v give an injection to
- Go behind the scenes at Jay Leno's photo shoot for the cover of PTI Magazine.
- This is helpful not just when you're clumsy, as I was, but when you say, shoot in low light and want to edit out the yellowish cast that always appears, or if you shoot .
- The central Asian state of Tajikistan imposed a state of emergency in a southern province following the death of two progovernment commanders, reportedly in a shoot-out.
News & Articles
- Police shoot N.H. man in buttocks
A police officer shot a New Hampshire man in the buttocks Saturday after he allegedly crashed his car into a police cruiser and fled, according to the Essex County district attorney’s office. Alexander Castro, 20, of Salem, N.H., was hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries and was under police guard Saturday night. The Essex County district attorney’s office is investigating the shooting ...
June 16, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Police shoot, kill man in North Lawndale
A Chicago Police officer shot and killed a man early Sunday in the North Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side, authorities said. The shooting happened in the 1700 block of South Springfield Avenue about 2:30 a.m., according to a statement from the Chicago Police Department. Officers were attempting to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation when a male passenger got out of the car with a weapon ...
June 16, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Officers Shoot, Kill Man Who Shot At Them In Fruita
Police in Fruita are investigating a shooting involving an officer that ended with the death of one man.
June 16, 2013 - CBS Denver
- Barack Obama in Boston Globe
Violence is a dead end,Obama said. "It is a sign of neither courage nor power to shoot rockets at sleeping children, or to blow up old women on a bus. That is not how moral authority is claimed; that is how it is surrendered."
- Bastian Schweinsteiger in Philadelphia Inquirer
The shoot-out is still in our memory, but what really weighs heavily on our minds is what happened after that match,Schweinsteiger said Wednesday. "We have to remain calm and not get provoked."
- Phil Mickelson in BBC Sport
We have three rounds left. I know if I shoot under par tomorrow I'll be right there,he said. "There's no way under par is going to win here, I don't believe. I think over par will win. Because of that, I'm right there."