fool : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who lacks good judgment
- n a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
- n a professional clown employed to entertain a king or nobleman in the Middle Ages
- v make a fool or dupe of
- v spend frivolously and unwisely
- v fool or hoax
You can't fool me!
- v indulge in horseplay
The bored children were fooling about
- A favorite slogan of the legal profession is that anyone who attempts to defend himself in a court of law "has a fool for a client.
News & Articles
- Bill Clinton Warns Obama Risks Looking Like ‘Total Fool,’ ‘Wuss’ On Syria
Speaking at a closed press event for the McCain Institute for International Leadership in Manhattan Tuesday night, former President Bill Clinton warned President Obama that he could risk looking like a "total fool" and a "wuss" if he remained too cautious in his approach toward Syria. Americans "hire you to win," he explained.
June 13, 2013 - Mediaite
- The Motley Fool: Why bother with stocks?
The Motley Fool: Why bother with stocks? Successful investors have learned that the value of individual stocks as well as the overall market will fluctuate over time, sometimes soaring or sinking sharply. Over the long haul, if you've bought stocks at undervalued prices, they should approach or exceed their intrinsic value. Exiting stocks makes sense if you really have little or no faith in them ...
June 12, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- A Regular Fool's Retirement Portfolio: Finance Stocks
A Regular Fool's Retirement Portfolio: Finance Stocks
June 12, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- John McCain in Reuters
Governor Romney, you've been spending the last year trying to fool people about your record. I don't want you to start fooling them about mine,McCain said. "I stand on my record of a conservative."
- Tony Blair in International Herald Tribune
All it does is enhance people's sense of disgust. Captured personnel being paraded and manipulated in this way doesn't fool anyone,Blair said. "What the Iranians have to realize is that if they continue in this way, they will face...
- Barack Obama in ABC News (blog)
They run these ads, thinking, you know, well, we might be able to fool them one more time,Obama said of the Republican Party's strategy, "It's not going to work. We don't have to guess how the other party will govern, because we're still...