dissipate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to cause to separate and go in different directions
- v move away from each other;
- v spend frivolously and unwisely
- v live a life of pleasure, especially with respect to alcoholic consumption
- After the police fired a few rounds the rampaging mobs dissipated.
- They found that low-level clouds tend to dissipate as the ocean warms which means a warmer world could well have less cloud cover.
- Whether he was led by political instinct or innate conviction, Moynihan believed fiercely in the importance of serious, multi-layered debate, a skill that continues to dissipate as .
News & Articles
- Houston Forecast: Spotty downpours this evening
HOUSTON -- There will be a slow cool down this evening, said KHOU 11 News Meteorologist Brooks Garner. Thursday evening temperatures will drop to 80 degrees by 10 p.m. “Pop up showers will dissipate this evening,” Garner said. “It will only get hotter tomorrow.” There’s a lingering chance for isolated showers on Friday, too. This weekend we'll still see a few showers, but don't expect much ...
June 13, 2013 - KHOU 11 Houston
- Weather Forecast: June 13, 2013
Thursday will be hot and rain-free for most of the area. A very stable atmosphere will limit the usual afternoon shower and thunderstorm activity. A few isolated showers or storms may develop south of Orlando, but most of the area will stay dry. High temperatures will reach the mid 90s inland and low 90s and the coast. Any isolated showers will dissipate shortly after sunset and skies will clear ...
June 13, 2013 - FOX 35 Orlando
- Ed Wade in International Herald Tribune
Hopefully, we're one more step for putting a lot of stuff behind us,Wade said. "It's been a tough week for baseball and sports in general. We're finding out that it takes a lot of time for lies to dissipate and for sins to disappear."
- Peter Biondi in Forbes
New Jersey is being suffocated by a cloud of political corruption and there is no indication that it will dissipate anytime soon,Republican Assemblyman Peter Biondi said.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in FOXNews
I will not let New Orleans dissipate,Clinton said. "We got to make sure New Orleans is here for our country."