- n small quantity of fried batter containing fruit or meat or vegetables
- v spend frivolously and unwisely
- Theodore (Dutch) Van Kirk had pineapple fritters.
- Oil-rich Russia (its leaders refer to it as an "energy superstate") in some ways is reminiscent of Nigeria, as corruption and money laundering fritter away a great deal of the .
- A home-cooked staple, conch fritters also feature as appetizers in many a Bahamian restaurant.
News & Articles
- Free Sandwich Day at Clover Burlington On Friday
The newest location of mobile-eatery-favorite Clover opens on the solid ground of 100 Mall Rd. in Burlington on Saturday. To celebrate, the restaurant will be giving out free sandwiches from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday (or until they run out). So stop on in to check out the new space and enjoy a chickpea fritter! Full service will begin on Saturday June 22 at 11 a.m.
June 18, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Peter Crouch in Sportinglife.com
I was absolutely gutted to lose, but we have to pick ourselves up because we don't want our season to just fritter away,Crouch said. "We have to make sure we're at it for the rest of the season to try to get that fourth spot and we need to...
- Alastair Clarkson in Sydney Morning Herald
At some point in time you've got to make a stand as a footy club and say our season's just going to fritter away unless we do something about it,said Clarkson, whose side is in 12th spot, but still only two games outside the eight. "It was...
- Justin Rose in Independent
Rose added: "Getting a point in the afternoon was important. It gave us confidence. We had the lead and started to fritter it away again, but the experience of yesterday helped."