- v force to go away; used both with concrete and metaphoric meanings
- v to cause to separate and go in different directions
- Then came his fatal foray into Boston, a trip that Mills undertook, he later told newsmen, to dispel rumors that he had been having an affair with Fanne Foxe.
- He's crushing my Dorothy Parker-level quips, like "Beer summit koan: If you dispel low-income racial tension by removing alcohol, you dispel upper-income racial tension by adding .
- The exile himself wanted to deny involvement in the embassy bombings--and dispel rumors he is dying of cancer.
News & Articles
- Veteran custom homebuilder taking prefabs downtown
Ursula David is out to dispel the perception that modular homes are little more than glorified double-wides. David, who started Ursula David Homes 20 years ago, is concentrating on a new project, Indy Mod Homes, and is targeting an unlikely place for the prefabs—the urban core.
June 15, 2013 - Indianapolis Business Journal
- Why Google, Facebook must nip spy tag
Google and Facebook have been pushing to dispel the notion that they are part of a clandestine government-led data gathering program. One analyst says the companies must show that they are not part of a “U.S. version of the Chinese Internet.”
June 12, 2013 - Market Watch
- Experts Dispel Common Melanoma Myths
Title: Experts Dispel Common Melanoma Myths Category: Health News Created: 6/7/2013 6:36:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 6/10/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 11, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- Stephen Harper in The Associated Press
Harper said that while countries had to be careful to support near-term growth, it was also important to produce credible deficit-cutting plans "to dispel the uncertainty and financial volatility that can impair our future growth prospects."
- John McCain in Edmonton Sun
In contrast to Republican rival McCain, said party elder Ted Sorensen, "we have the man we need at last to embrace the future, not the past, and to dispel eight years of pain and shame. Barack Obama is his name. Call the roll!"
- Fay Vincent in Forbes
The Mitchell report is a very important document,Vincent said. "Among other things, he's got to dispel all these people who believe that baseball knew what was going on, that they didn't do anything about it because they wanted to...