- v distribute loosely
- v to cause to separate and go in different directions
- v cause to separate
- v move away from each other;
The crowds dispersed
- v separate (light) into spectral rays
the prosm disperses light
- v cause to become widely known
- The nervous police made few arrests of the demonstrators; at Langa, near Cape Town, they opened fire to disperse the Africans, killing three and wounding 25.
- The current opposition, however, says street demonstrations themselves are peaceful with police using force to disperse the crowd.
- The water quality of the Yangtze's tributaries is deteriorating rapidly, as the dammed river is less able to disperse pollutants effectively.
News & Articles
- Turkish Protesters Warned to Disperse
Turkish Protesters Warned to Disperse
June 14, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Around the NFC West: What lies ahead
Good morning, NFC West. We've made it through organized team activities and minicamps for the 2013 offseason. Now, the waiting becomes more monotonous. Training camps are more than five weeks away in most cases. Generally, not much is going to happen between minicamps and training camps. Around the NFC West: June 14, 2013 For coaches, this can be a stressful time as players disperse with time on ...
June 14, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Turkish Protesters Warned to Disperse, But Stay
Turkish Protesters Warned to Disperse, But Stay
June 13, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Levon Ter-Petrosian in 940 News
Our forces are unequal, we are surrounded by troops and our president suggests we disperse,Ter-Petrosian said in the recording.
- Barack Obama in Reuters
I think Maliki has made some tough choices, particularly going into Basra and Sadr City to disperse the Shia militias. I'm glad to see that he is eager to take more responsibility for his country's own security,Obama said.
- Beck in ABC30.com
I give the game a 10; I give the celebration about a 5,said Beck. "We made multiple arrests, we used overwhelming force, we had a maximum number of police officers deployed here to clear out the crowds around Staples Center and disperse...